Skilled Employment Law Litigation And Legal Services
I am attorney Leslie Waycaster of The Waycaster Firm, and I represent employees and employers in employment law matters.
I advise workers before they sign employment contracts, including noncompete agreements, by reviewing the contract language. I can help you negotiate the wording and protect your rights so contracts are less restrictive. I also help people who are threatened with legal action after leaving their employer for violating a noncompete clause. Everyone deserves the right to make a living, and employment contracts should not prevent that outcome.
Advocating For Employees In Employment Matters
Georgia workers need someone on their side when facing employment law issues. I have the experience to help you with these conflicts affecting your livelihood, including these matters:
- Wage and hour – Unpaid overtime, working off the clock, misclassification (to avoid paying overtime). Example case: I have handled a wage and hour class action suit on behalf of loan officers whose bank wasn’t paying overtime.
- Restrictive covenants/employment agreements – Negotiation or litigation of noncompete agreements, nondisclosure/confidentiality agreements
- Employment discrimination or workplace sexual harassment
- Disability discrimination – Failure to make reasonable accommodations under the ADA
- FMLA leave or maternity leave – Refusal to accommodate or retaliation for taking leave
- Wrongful termination – For whistleblowing, filing workers’ comp claims or reporting harassment
Employment Law For Employers
The Waycaster Firm also counsels small businesses and employers in employment matters. Through proactive consulting, I can help employers draft enforceable employment contracts, develop workplace policies that protect you and your workforce, comply with employment regulations and problem-solve issues such as how to terminate a problem employee. I have also defended businesses who are sued for wage violations, discrimination, harassment or retaliation. In litigation, I am always attuned to the impact on your bottom line.
Mediation Is Often The Best Resolution
In addition to employment consulting and litigation, I have extensive experience with mediation, including employer-employee disputes. I am always prepared to go to trial, but I spare clients this stress if it’s possible to settle the case out of court. Mediation is generally quicker and more predictable because you are not waiting for a court docket and you are directly involved in the solution.
Make Your Free Appointment With Experienced Counsel Today
I chiefly represent people in Dalton and Northwest Georgia, but over my 40-plus years of experience as a litigator in Georgia, I have tried cases in numerous counties throughout this great state.
When you hire me, you will work directly with me on your case. I do not pass clients off to less-qualified assistants. I will be diligent in representing your interests. Call my office at 706-441-3940 for an appointment, or you may use my online contact form to get in touch.